Smart & Skilled and Your USI
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It’s helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
LEARNING SPHERE TRAINING SOLUTIONS has been an approved Smart & Skilled training provider since the program started in 2015.
Students & employers can now utilise a website provided by the NSW Government which includes a Skills List of identified qualifications which will be subsidised by the government. These subsidised programs can be utilised as Traineeships, those seeking full qualifications and jobseekers. Additional part qualifications will also be made available, pending there need in the Skills List (regularly reviewed and updated)
For more information about courses, fees and other facts, visit: www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
The following qualifications are available through Learning Sphere Training Solutions under Smart & Skilled:
- Cleaning Operations Certificate II CPP20611
- Cleaning Operations Certificate III CPP30316
- Cleaning Operations Certificate IV CPP40416
- Business Certificate III & IV BSB30115 & BSB40215
- Customer Engagement Certificate III & IV BSB30215 & BSB40315
- Leadership and Management Certificate IV BSB42015
- Leadership and Management Diploma BSB51915
- Warehousing Operations Certificate II & III TLI21616 & TLI31616
- Work Health and Safety Certificate III, IV & Diploma BSB30715, BSB41415 & BSB51315
- Hospitality Certificate II & III SIT20316 SIT30616
- Part qualifications with embedded foundation skills
Please contact us as caps exist which may restrict available subsidised places in some regions of NSW. Contact Us 1300 296 298
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All new and continuing students will require a USI (Unique Student Identifier) before registering or applying for a course with Learning Sphere from January 1, 2015.
To create your USI, simply follow the steps on the USI website. It’s quick and free to create. Visit:
The USI is a Commonwealth reference number that gives you (as a student) access to your own USI account. Each individual account will be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection. This allows you to view all of your individual training results from all providers including all completed training units and qualifications in one space.
The USI allows you to find, collate and authenticate your VET achievements into a single transcript. It will also ensure that your VET records are not lost.